If you need steel for your next construction, remodeling or contractor project, it is important to choose a professional steel supply company that has all of the products and services available in one convenient location. Finding a supply and service center that provides quality products at competitive rates with top notch customer service can be difficult, but Mid City Steel, with locations in Westport, MA and Bozrah, CT, can meet the challenge.
Mid City Steel provides a wide array of products, including steel, aluminum, used and surplus steel, chain link fencing and a variety of specialty items, including Hardox steel. Take a look at all of the product lines and specialty products available through Mid City Steell:
Steel and Aluminum
As a steel supply company, you might guess that Mid City Steel specializes in steel materials and products. Some of the products Mid City Steel stocks are steel pipe, plate, beams and diamond plate. as well as stainless steel angle, flats, plate, pipe and rounds. Hot rolled steel is also available in plates, sheets, square and rectangular tubing, rounds, squares, flats, channel and angle. Cold rolled steel is available in sheets, rounds and flats, while galvanized steel can be purchased in a wide array of bar grating, floor form, pipe, rebar, angle, roof deck, coils, sheet and square tubing.
Other Products, Accessories and Specialty Items
Other steel products available include nuts and washers, snow plow blades, expanded metal, threaded rod, bar grating, remesh rolls and mats, epoxy coated rebar, road plate, AR400 flats and AR400 plate. In addition to steel, aluminum products are available at Mid City, coming in a variety of forms, such as angle, plate, diamond plate, rounds, flats, sheets and squares.
A variety of specialty items are also available, including ornamental forgings, road plate, chain link fence and fencing products, pipe bollards, awning tubing, premium paints for Metalwork, landscape edging and welding supplies. Mid City Steel is an authorized distributor for Hardox products as well.
Chain Link Fence and Wood Fencing
As a member of the American Fence Association, Mid City Steel carries a full line of chain link fencing products and accessories, including all fencing hardware, galvanized fence pipe in all diameters, lengths and wall thicknesses, as well as galvanized and vinyl coated chain link fence fabric. They also carry wood fencing, choosing to offer only the best, top quality Northern White Picket and Board products in a variety of grades, sizes and accents, including boards, posts and rails in an easy-to-install component system.
Used and Surplus Steel
This is where Mid City Steel got it start, as a small division of Mid City Scrap, a privately owned scrap recycling center in Southeastern Massachusetts. They stay on top of the market, find deals for products at reduced prices and pass the savings onto their customers. The ANNEX at Mid City Steel carries a wide variety of materials and products that change every single day. If you are looking for something special, contact the ANNEX at 508-646-9800 to work directly with the Mid City team and get the best prices available.
Some of the materials typically found at Mid City’s used and surplus steel ANNEX include marine chain, steel tube, angle, channel, beams, plate, pipe that can range from three to thirty inches in diameter and rail road wheels for boat moorings. Inventory lists are updated every Friday and are available through the Mid City Steel website.
As a quality supply and service center, Mid City puts a lot of emphasis on the services provided and the high level of customer service given to each and every client that walks through the door. Mid City Steel provides a wide range of services, including custom steel plate cutting, saw cutting, shearing, rebar bending, steel plate punching and drilling, plate forming and more.
- Saw CuttingMid City has four HYD MECH Series II Hydraulic Mitering Band Saws available to help provide top quality services to their customers. This service can be used to cut a length of material in half or do custom cuts of several pieces at different lengths.
- Custom Steel Plate CuttingFor customers who need custom shapes cut from steel plate, Mid City uses equipment that has plasma and oxy-acetylene capabilities, a Burny 2.5 Plus CNC controller, MTC TurboNest to ensure reduced waste and an AutoDesk Autocad that can be used to read and create custom 2D shapes.
- ShearingMid City Steel has Industrial Shears that are capable of shearing thin guage sheet all the way up to 1/2 steel plate. Mid City’s SheAs feature 4-edged blades made of shock resistant high carbon on both top and bottom with a 3-position footswitch control. Contact Mid City Steel for more information and details about their on-site shearing services.
- Drilling & PunchingFor customers that need clean and accurate drilling and punching, Mid City Steel has Geka Ironworkers with 120 ton punch capacitIES and Bridgeport vertical milling machines. They also have Hougen and AcraACE magnetic drills.
- Plate Bending & FormingTo ensure that all customer needs are met, Mid City Steel added an Accupress 732012 Press Brake to their growing line of industrial strength service equipment. Digital readouts on ram and back help to increase accuracy, with a 125 inch table length, 102 inch distance between uprights and a 12-and-a-half inch throat depth.
- Rebar BendingMid City Steel offers competitive rebar pricing, using in-house equipment that has the power to bend and cut to specifications, processing #3 to #11 rebar. With a quick turnaround and next day delivery to job sites THROUGHOUT Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts, Mid City Steel provides the means for customers to order straight length rebar and have it custom bent or cut before it even gets to the job site.
If you are looking for a reliable, quality steel supply company in the New England area, consider Mid City Steel. Offering a wide variety of top quality steel and aluminum, as well as used and surplus steel, Mid City offers top notch services, on-time job site delivery and competitive pricing.
Customers who are looking fo a full service supply company need search no more. With all of the services provided, including custom steel plate cutting and shearing, plus knowledgeable, experienced operators and staff, Mid City Steel has all of the products, materials, accessories and services you will ever need all under one roof.